Normal people have hobbies like shopping and crafts. I have a hobby called loving my pressure cooker. Seriously, I just can’t get enough of it. It made my house smell incredibly amazing with this easy apple butter!
Usually it takes a whole day or night to prepare delicious apple butter in the slow cooker, but with the pressure cooker I was able to cut time to just 1 hour!
The best thing ever invented!
Apple butter just like any nut butters has lots of uses. Spread it on your breakfast toast. Spoon it over ice cream. With waffles or pancakes. With pork. Or simply present a cute jar filled with yummy apple butter to friends and family.
Just about any of your favorite apples will work with this recipe. Wash them, cut them and into the pressure cooker it goes! With a handful of apple’s favorite aromatics like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves your house will smell heavenly!
5 lbs apples or about 15, cored and sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
Combine all the ingredients in the pressure cooker and mix well. Secure the lid and set timer for 1 hour on high.
After 1 hour let the steam to escape and carefully remove the lid.
Blend the apples until smooth and pour into the canning jars. This should keep for about 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- 5 lb apples or about 15, cored and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cups water
- Combine all the ingredients in the pressure cooker and mix well.
- Secure the lid and set the timer for 1 hour on high pressure.
- Let the pressure cooker release the steam naturally and carefully remove the lid.
- Blend the apples until smooth using the immersion blender and pour into the jar.
- This apple butter should keep for about 3 weeks in the refrigerator.