Instead of a simple cheese board show your guests that you really care this holiday season – make Cranberry Pecan Stuffed Baked Brie!
Preparing for a New Year’s party? Looking for something special but quick and easy? I’ve got you covered with this Cranberry Pecan Stuffed Baked Brie appetizer! Although it may look involved, this recipe is really super simple, quick and perfect for a busy night.
Just imagine cutting into a warm package of crispy puff pastry dough that holds melty, buttery Brie, a generous dollop of fig spread, tart cranberries and toasted pecans. You’ll find it hard to resist. It’s such a beautiful, elegant dish, but oh-so very easy.
Trust me, once you cut into this Cranberry Pecan Stuffed Baked Brie “present”, resulting in melted cheese oozing out, everybody will loose it and demand to know how you made such a fancy and complicated-looking side dish. Whether or not you decide to tell them how easy it was to make is up to you!
If you are really looking to impress, but cook something that only takes minutes, this Cranberry Pecan Stuffed Baked Brie recipe is your answer!
And in case you are in search of more inspiration of quick and easy appetizers for your New Year’s Eve party, here is list for you:
- Creamy Stuffed Mushrooms – so easy to throw together; they’re great for parties, and the variations are endless.
- Crispy Honey Siracha Wings – crispy, sweet, spicy and wonderful! Also? there’s a secret on how to make them super crispy!
- Gua Bao Buns – melt in the mouth sticky and sweet glazed pork belly stuffed in soft, marshmallow-like steamed bun along with spicy carrot slaw and crunchy peanuts.
- Uzbek Samosas – they are so good, I recommend making a double batch because they will go fast!
- 1 small wheel of brie (about 6 to 8 inches), chilled
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp fig spread
- Using a sharp knife cut the chilled brie in half. Press the dried cranberries on one cut side of the brie, spread the fig jam on the second half and top with pecans. Sandwich the 2 sides together (cranberries facing pecans).
- Roll out a thawed sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to about ⅛-inch thickness. Place brie in center of the sheet. Brush the edges with egg wash and gently pull them up to wrap the brie entirely. Trim off excess dough if necessary (use trimmings for decor). Flip the wrapped brie over so the seam is at the bottom. Place the wrapped brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the top and sides of the wrapped brie with egg wash. Place the brie in the freezer for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Bake the brie on the center rack until it is golden brown and starting to leak the cheese, about 20 minutes.